Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lift kits

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hey I have a question. Im in the middle of building my own lift kit. I have all the parts eccept for spacers for the rear pivot arms by the fuel pump. The lift kit I making is a 4" lift and I was wondow do i make a 4" spacer for the pivot arms or is shorter. If you could help I would be very greatful

thanks

hey I have a question. Im in the middle of building my own lift kit. I have all the parts eccept for spacers for the rear pivot arms by the fuel pump. The lift kit I making is a 4" lift and I was wondow do i make a 4" spacer for the pivot arms or is shorter. If you could help I would be very greatful

thanks

its a EA82?? if so go shorter none or 2" drop the diff thou if you dont drop the pivot tube

yes its a ea82. I was planing on droping the the diff 2" so the axles dont bind ,but the im worried that torion bar might break if i dont lower the frt part of the rear suspenion. the other thing i was looking for was the frt strut spacers. I've seen other spacers that dont look like they have the camber offset that is needed i am looking for 0 cmber in frt so the tires dont shave the out side edge.

Alright Im back and bumping this been on vacation for a minute

why are you dropping the torsion bor on a 4 inch it is placed just right for a four if it was a six I would space it down just drop the struts and the diff and the mustache has to come down and it will still be a good ride

• 2 weeks later...

hey i just bought one with a 6 inch lift and was wonderin what you guys could get me for the front strut tower I have lots of parts for trade or can pay. will try and get pics of all my lift parts installed so you can offer advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to look in to making a kit were i can get more than 8inches of travel.

what the kit might take.

1.Use blocks to lower the sub frame

2.Instead of using blocks for the struts, replace strut with coil springs and shock.

Other ideas might include lenthing the control rods to place the hubs outside the car.

Welding in a sub frame then use a four link style suspension, to put in solid axles and a t-case.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...