Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 GL10 Value?

Just wondering what the community thinks I might be able to get out of my car if I were to sell it, as I am really contemplating doing so...

87 GL10

-EA82T just rolled over 100k and developed the subaru tic :-\

-Auto to D/R 5spd Swap w/ matching rear diff (open)

-Interior is in good condition only problems are headliner drooping and front door panels have ware at the top

-Intermittent wipers dont work nor do the first 3 blower levels

-New Dueller APT 3's on redrilled nissan rims, also have stock rims + tires

th_DSC_0191.jpg

th_DSC_0192.jpg

I will probably lift it an inch or so in order to keep the tires from rubbing slightly, and a few other necessary things before I sell it if I do... I will post up more complete pictures tomorrow... I was hoping to list it for $2000 maybe a bit more, what say the community, just right or to much? I am on the east coast (north carolina) so I know the demand isn't to high out here so my asking price may be a bit optimistic...

thanks,

caleb

fix the tick and keep it, it might be a simple fix where you wont have to pull the heads off.

in my mind fixing the tick would probally add another $100 or so to the value.

oh its fine, the tick isn't the issue, hell all my subarus have ticked and just like this one they all run fine... I just know how bad I am about working on things and fabricating stuff all the time and its my final year in college and I have a lot of things I need to be focused on other than a car... but yea the tick isn't that big of a deal, just the lifters getting stuck every once and a while, probably get it to go away with some MM or seafoam...

Here in Colorado, probably not more than $1200ish depending on time of year. I haven't really seen the turbo ones fetching any more than the regular ones. But, I think that it might fetch more back east, because they are rarer back there -- people won't have five different ones to choose from. And, being rust free might be a selling point there too (it looks rust free from the pictures at least).

$1,500 give or take $500.

First thing - fix all the "little" and easy stuff - the headliner, wiper, blower fan. Multiple issues just start things off on the foot.

When selling a car like this and wanting top dollar, time is your friend. You're not likely to find someone wanting an old school Subaru like this every week....but once or twice a year there's someone out there looking. Extend your for-sale time and that helps a lot with a car like this.

It's unlikely to sell here, so get it out on autotrader or advertise it somehow.

Thanks for the input everyone, its really helpful... And yes the car is rust free... I do plan on fixing all the small easy things and hopefully nothing big will pop up... Once I can get my other subaru fixed I will then focus on selling this one, till then DD all the way...