Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Cheap easy lift for '84 GL Wagon 4WD?

mcdanielsamuel

Okay, I am not looking for something too expensive - under $200. I am also not looking for a huge lift. This will still be a daily driver. Is there an easy way to upgrade the struts to gain some lift of 2-4 inches? Or is it a better idea to save up for a lift kit from SJR or the like?

Thanks,

Sam

"Sticky: Frequently Asked Questions: Tires Wheels Lift Kits Mods for offroading Soobs."

This thread at the top of the offroad area has a lot of links to different people who have made their own lifts. Hope this can get your creative juices going. I am taking some of their ideas to make my own lift. I'll send you information as soon as it gets done.

most all of the info you need as a soob offroad newb is listed,as stated before,in the stickie up top.

with a little imagination and some time it is very simple to build these cars.and if you have no fab skills,they are very cheap to buy already setup.look around a little more.searching can help alot.

cheers, brian

Yes, the "sticky" is outdated with dead links all over the place. It is really only half helpful at best.

Well, looks like I'll have to leave this idea to rest for awhile.

Monstaru thank you for a reply that was helpful.

Sorry about the links and the like. Next time I have a couple of extra hours, I'll see what I can do to update the sticky. Till then, I'll let it drop so I won't confuse or upset you.

Cheap easy lift? Adjust your suspension up. It will give you an inch or two of lift.

Want taller? Then it won't be easy or cheap. Fabbing your own lift is hardly easy. Installing your first lift won't be easy. But after you're done, you'll think it was worth it.

http://www.SJRlift.com <---try that link.