Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do legacy seats bolt in to a loyale??

Im not sure if this will help,

my friend put xt seats in his 85 brat, they only bolted in the stock holes in 2 spots, and he drilled holes into a pieces of flat stock mild steel, and it moved the bolt holes over 2 inches.

If you do this use strong material,good bolts to keep it safe.

Its only a mounting point. you can make alot of thing work by bending the rules a bit.

But dont ever compromise on safety.

Good luck,

Not exactly, as his Loyale and your friend's BRAT do not share common mounting points either.

But adapting other seats to fit your (insert model here) isn't always a difficult chore. If you have access to a pull-a-part yard (or similar equivalent), do this:

Take the seat rails off the underside of your Loyale. Measure two distances on the underside of the seat:

1) Distance, front to back, between the centers of the holes for rail mount on ONE side of the seat (either left or right).

2) Distance, side to side, between the centers of the holes for rail mount on either the FRONT or REAR of the seat. Pay special attention to this measurement.

When you go to the junkyard and find a seat you think you might like, unbolt it and take the rails off of it. Take the same measurements.

If #1 is a little off, it's not a big deal, quite easy to correct with a drill or dremel. If #2 is off, it can be a pain to correct (requiring cutting/welding and/or custom mounting blocks). So try to find a seat where the side-to-side measurement is the same.

Read the following thread for an idea of what I'm talking about. Though this was done on my BRAT, the principals apply to a Loyale, they just require finding different seats where the side-to-side measurement is a better fit. http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100276&highlight=brat+protege+seat

Here's something else I also discovered.

If the seats have alot of adjustments to them, they might turn out to be to tall.

The Mazda seats I got were both to tall, especially the drivers seat.

So make sure before you pull them out of the donor to see how far off the floor they are mounted. If they are almost on the floor, its a good chance they will be to tall for a Subaru.