Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ok so the 2010 legos are out and oubacks. what do you think.

the local dealer just got a legacy 3.6R in and and an out back. ill try and get pix tomorrow of the lego. the outback is sold already and might not be there when i go tomorrow. anyway here are my impressions

outback. looks like a bastard child from a cadlilac SRX and a ford torus X with 06 trybeca head lights and some funky black plastic can i say avalance. anyway its bad is sucks and :eek:

the lego sedan. (legacy is sedan only outback is wagon only that what the dealer said) anyway. the back is kinda camery ish. the front is kinda infinity ish but along side the out back it looks good.... ill wait and see if it grows on me....

intirors were ok. 4 differnt textures on the dash alone from letherish to plastic to fake wood and brushed aluminum or SS. its much bigger the dealer side somthing like 4in wider and 6-8 in longer. anyway i know i know my spelling sucks but i only have a minute to write this have to go.................

I think with gas prices edging higher, going bigger is, well, the BIG mistake on SOA part.

Smaller is smarter.

I agree, and no Wagon, just Outback only, and ugly at that.

What happened to the nice looking stuff around 2005? Went down somewhere. If I want a Camry, I will just buy a Camry. NOT good styling.

I hate the way manufacturers go bigger and bigger, I want small car.

I think with gas prices edging higher, going bigger is, well, the BIG mistake on SOA part.

Smaller is smarter.

I agree, and no Wagon, just Outback only, and ugly at that.

What happened to the nice looking stuff around 2005? Went down somewhere. If I want a Camry, I will just buy a Camry. NOT good styling.

I hate the way manufacturers go bigger and bigger, I want small car.

Why was it a big mistake? With the new CVT gets much better fuel economy then the previous model, there is plenty of space. I don't see how plenty more interior room and better fuel economy is really a BIG mistake.

Why was it a big mistake? With the new CVT gets much better fuel economy then the previous model, there is plenty of space. I don't see how plenty more interior room and better fuel economy is really a BIG mistake.

Neither do I, and the new outback is actually shorter then the old outback.

nipper

if they made it smaller, then it would get even much better mpg's

instead of 31 it would be getting 35/36. Our old models are light and get as good of mpg as the heavy beasts.

if they made it smaller, then it would get even much better mpg's

instead of 31 it would be getting 35/36. Our old models are light and get as good of mpg as the heavy beasts.

Thats such a false comparison. Your "old ones" do not hvae to deal with 2010 crash standards (including the new roof standards), nor meet the same consumer demands that there are today.

nipper

I agree with nipper. Tell me this then.. why does my 08 Impreza..which is actually the same size roughly as my 95 lego and has a 2.5 instead of the 2.2 get better gas mileage?? I mean seriously.. I get 25-27mpg out of the lego..yet my roomier more powerful Impreza I can get easily 32-34?

I have seen the new OB up close..and its actually a nice car..its taller ( it was parked beside an Impreza sedan so I didnt take notice to length) Its alittle too big for my tastes but it still is nice... If I would have had more time I would have taken it out for a test drive.

There are several style of CVT's, subarus is the first to use a chain. As an engineer i find it fascinating, but I also wonder about wear, since chains, well, do wear out.

I also noticed in the cut-aways there is a cansiter type filter in the transmission.

If I had the money I would go make a deal on a 2009, but they can be had for a song right now.

nipper

I've been thinking actually, by the time i get to buying a sparkly new subaru, a Imp may be the same size as my outback :)

nipper

actually..except for cargo space in the back..my Imp is actually roomier for passangers then my legacy. See.... if you would come to my cookout I would let you try it out?:grin: ( still wishing you could make it)

actually..except for cargo space in the back..my Imp is actually roomier for passangers then my legacy. See.... if you would come to my cookout I would let you try it out?:grin: ( still wishing you could make it)

Well i told my partner i was not thrilled with diriving 8 hrs for a brunch. So we can still keep our fingers crossed.

When Blu goes in for inspection in Aug (while he is distracted) I may take a 2010 for a test drive. I just hope I can get that new car smell off me.

Well i told my partner i was not thrilled with diriving 8 hrs for a brunch. So we can still keep our fingers crossed.

When Blu goes in for inspection in Aug (while he is distracted) I may take a 2010 for a test drive. I just hope I can get that new car smell off me.

Bring your partner along:)

I wish I would have taken my walk around the dealer earlier on Monday while I had my Imp in the shop. I know my sales guy would have let me take the 2010 out.

Bring along an extra airfreshner ( same one for Blu ) and rub it all over you before Blu sees...he will never know.

My sales guy was saying that the new CVT tranny so unbelievably smooth. Now I am not a fan of any AT tranny ( but that is a well known fact) but I am still curious about it. I know I cant stand the AT thats in the new Imprezas..happy mines a 5 spd. Thats my main thing..I want to see how that CVT is.

There are several style of CVT's, subarus is the first to use a chain. As an engineer i find it fascinating, but I also wonder about wear, since chains, well, do wear out.

I also noticed in the cut-aways there is a cansiter type filter in the transmission.

If I had the money I would go make a deal on a 2009, but they can be had for a song right now.

nipper

I just couldn't ever figure in my head how they would make gears that move in such a way that the ratio is constantly changing. Never occurred to me that maybe it didn't use gears. :rolleyes: But I agree, I'd like to see how long these will stay on the road before I go plopping money on the barrel for one.

I just couldn't ever figure in my head how they would make gears that move in such a way that the ratio is constantly changing. Never occurred to me that maybe it didn't use gears. :rolleyes: But I agree, I'd like to see how long these will stay on the road before I go plopping money on the barrel for one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuously_variable_transmission

nipper

Bring your partner along:)

I wish I would have taken my walk around the dealer earlier on Monday while I had my Imp in the shop. I know my sales guy would have let me take the 2010 out.

Bring along an extra airfreshner ( same one for Blu ) and rub it all over you before Blu sees...he will never know.

My sales guy was saying that the new CVT tranny so unbelievably smooth. Now I am not a fan of any AT tranny ( but that is a well known fact) but I am still curious about it. I know I cant stand the AT thats in the new Imprezas..happy mines a 5 spd. Thats my main thing..I want to see how that CVT is.

I've driven earlier CVT's. Since the engine wasnt well isolated from the car, the drone of the engine would drive you batty. Since thne, its been relaized that the engine has to be really isolated fomr the car to keep the driver from going nuts. Thats why subaru has a new engine subframe.

nipper