Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA81 Cylinder Head repair tips?

87 Subaru Chaser / 4Wd 4speed.

i've gotten around to figuring out what caused my coolant to flow into my oilpan during the winter finally and wanted to know if you guys had any tips or precautions for me.

So far we've got the entire engine out of the car without any broken studs or bolts (lucky considering the rust!) and we've got the entire engine, carb and intake manifold on the stand.

Me and a buddy are working on it and we aren't very familiar with subies at all. Any tips or directions to some useful repair guides will be VERY helpful. I've been lookin over the autozone repair guides and they aren't very detailed.

Thanks in advance!

ill upload the pictures, but from what I've heard the freeze plugs are on the cylinder heads and can be viewed by taking the valve cover off. When I took the covers off there was nothing loose rolling around in there, and every fitting seemed tight in there.

Any tips for removing the pushrods or things I can do to make putting everything back in easier?

Edited by pwjm