Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Labor day weekend at Fordyce Lake with the 4Runner.

TheSubaruJunkie

Was invited to hang with some friends at Fordyce lake this year for Labor Day weekend. Fordyce lake drains and creates the famous Fordyce Creek, which has some of the craziest rocks in California. If the Rubicon is a 10, most will tell you that Fordyce is a 11.5

We camped at the lake, and I only took the trail as far as the first water crossing. The creek was flowing above average and i didn't want to risk crossing the river, so I just played around all weekend going back and forth from camp to the river... and watching all the other built up rigs do their thing.

Here are a few pix, but the rest can be found here: http://gallery.campkarwoski.com/main.php?g2_itemId=345

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=401&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=409&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=429&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=465&g2_serialNumber=2

And here is a shot of the lake, from our campsite:

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=575&g2_serialNumber=2

And here are a few pix of the trail leading to the river & 1st crossing. I was the one taking the pix, and unfortunately nobody got pix of my 4Runner running this trail.

You can find all the trail pix here: http://gallery.campkarwoski.com/main.php?g2_itemId=29

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=131&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=203&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=303&g2_serialNumber=2

It was a ton of fun! Some of the first real crawling I have got to do in the 4Runner, and she did great. I went easy on her, and she treated me kind on the drive home. The trail is more than a 90min drive each way... but she hauled all my camping gear up there and back, and did roughly 18miles of hard-core trails all weekend long.