Ultimate Subaru Message Board

90-93 Legacy MT 5sp, 3.90 Rear Diff?

I had a 5sp manual trans from a 90-93, I think 92 sitting around. I installed it in a 95 Legacy (auto manual swap) and I need to get the right rear diff. I'm pretty sure they were all 3.9 can someone confirm. Thanks
I'm not sure about the rear diff in a automatic, but the early legacies were 4.111. Try checking the TY number (on the bell housing near the starter) against the chart in the USRM to see which rear it takes. If the chart doesn't list it, run a google search on the entire TY number.

The TY sticker was there but no numbers on it. I guess I'll just get the drive line hooked up and mark the tires and with one side jacked front and back see if they rotate together. It would be nice if it's a match.

Dealer said the rear end was a 4.11 on the 95 by the VIN

The TY sticker was there but no numbers on it. I guess I'll just get the drive line hooked up and mark the tires and with one side jacked front and back see if they rotate together. It would be nice if it's a match.

Dealer said the rear end was a 4.11 on the 95 by the VIN

95 auto trans was 4.11, i thought 95 5spd was 3.9.

• 4 weeks later...