Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Nov 14th - Sat Pine Barrens, NJ

nipper

yeah im in dude

here are the directions for the rangers station

rt 206, Rangers Station, in Atsion, NJ, rangers station is about 10 miles south of the rt 206 and rt 70 circle

Directions Linky

wharton state forest, perfectly legal on designated trails, as long as your vehicle is registered and insured.

Lets say 12 Noon?

yes we are meeting at the rangers station on 206

its a wide open parking lot at the wharton state forest rangers station parking lot...

or if you want u can meet me at my place earlier, lets say 9:30, i am right off the turnpike and parkway and i am half way there from the GWB...

Nipper wanna meet at my place too?

I programmed the ranger station in the GPS not sure how long it takes to get to the place.. I'm on the border with port Chester so I'd say maybe it takes 2 1/2 hours?

yeah i would say its about 2 1/2 hours from you, i am about an hour and 20 from you just about half way there... its up to you... you could meet me at my place and then follow me down there... or we could meet at either parkway or turnpike rest area... i would say turnpike is gonna be easier for you... down to exit 7 (206) and then take 206 all the way to the rngers station

is a CB radio really needed? I caught a cold so my head is spinning like crazy now but I think I should be ok for next weekend.

also what is your tow strap rated for? I brought one yesterday at advance auto it's 2" x 15" and it's rated for 3,333 Lb

But now that I look at it I think I brought the wrong strap with the hook ends?

what about if it rains?

We get wet and muddy. We driver slower, and reduce some of the places we go to (because we know we arent 300 HP plus 4x4's and cant get out).

We also may get a little cold, but we still go. We have gotten hit by surprise rainstorms, and the going gets slick, so just have tires with decent tread on them.

nipper

Lol well that would be a nice add on... its always more fun when it rains

Unless it is a lot of heavy rain, then thats bad. one thing for it to be in july, another for Nov. i will be watching the weather closely. if it is a 70% or better chance of rain i may be out, as it just causes too much back pain for me :(

nipper