Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Finally, new exhaust

Today i finally got my new upgraded turbo muffler. when i cut the stock piping i craked her up and i have to admit, along with everyone in the auto shop that is sounded like a V8 at idle, and all through the revs.

then i clamped on the new 2inch muffler, welded on the brackets, one decided to not hold for some reason, must be the coating on the muffler, welded on the extention, and i was golden. sounds almost stock but a little deeper at idle, and sounds sweet when revving it.

486505_27_full.jpg

486505_28_full.jpg

yep no problem, i just welded the extention pipe, and the mounting brackets, you can use bauling wire i guess for the mounting brackets, and use 2inch clamps to secure the muffler and extention pipe.

i used a clamp on the stock pipe to the new muffler so that i can run strait pipe when i change the adress to my grandpa's PO box where there are no emisions. :D

Baling wire would never pass a visual inspection. plus, u may end up with your exhaust on the highway, or even worse, through the windshield of the minivan behind you with those three kids (now dead, cause the driver of the minivan was impaled by your exhaust and baling wire)

if you know how to use bailing wire right, you dont really have to worry about it.

Every car/truck I've owned has had the exhaust bailing wired up somewhere, and I never had it break.

I drove for 4 months with the yoke wired into the back of my tranny cuz I coudlnt get a new drive shaft.. That stayed in place even out rallyin and havin my car try to pop its self into 4 wheel drive from wheel hop

theres a lot of things that "could" happen on the road man.

you could be T boned by some female driver in a SUV who was talkin on her cell phone and didnt see you..

I dont see you out trying to stop that from happening.

Your gas tank mounts could snap and you could drag your gas tank down the road.. sparks, boom your car blows up

Arent you worried about that? better go check those mounts..

Your tie rod could suddenly snap.

You ujoints on your driveshaft could snap and jackknife down and flip your car off the road..

Originally posted by LostWater

Baling wire would never pass a visual inspection. plus, u may end up with your exhaust on the highway, or even worse, through the windshield of the minivan behind you with those three kids (now dead, cause the driver of the minivan was impaled by your exhaust and baling wire)

calm down there a minute, for one i was refering to holding it up at the tip because it tends to hang a little lower then stock, so this will brint it back up to look stock, not to hald it to the car, thats why i have the stock hangers welding on my muffler, which i re welded and ran a full bead around today at school.

so calm the frick down man. take a step back before you start freakin out and re-read it.

If an insurance company found out you negligently hung your exhaust or anything else for that matter with baling wire, and killed someone, try saving your assets then. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes in that case.

If ya do something, it doesn't cost much to do it right(at least better)

yeah, and I'm sure the few times you've probably drank alcohol and gotten behidn the wheel, well that prolly wouldnt go over good with your insurance company either..

Just chill out dude.

He simply offered a cheap solution to a problem

Quit being an rump roast

Oh and worry more about other peoples exhausts rusting out instead of bitching about bailing wire

dude we all do stupid illegal or dumb things behind the wheel. you have i have. we all do. grrrr.... not eeven going into the what ifs.

anyways back to the exahaust. looks good. hangs a little low. but it's all good.

if someone wants to jerry rig up some mounts i don't care. use bailing wire, more power to ya. just don't use safety wire, then it will break...

Originally posted by torxxx

theres a lot of things that "could" happen on the road man.

you could be T boned by some female driver in a SUV who was talkin on her cell phone and didnt see you..

I dont see you out trying to stop that from happening.

Your gas tank mounts could snap and you could drag your gas tank down the road.. sparks, boom your car blows up

Arent you worried about that? better go check those mounts..

Your tie rod could suddenly snap.

You ujoints on your driveshaft could snap and jackknife down and flip your car off the road..

i forgot about all the what if's and could happens.

i'm never driving again.

ya i put it vertical, but the funny thing is that it is actually about 2inches higher then my rearend. so im not worried about taking it out on a speedbump or anything, plus this isn't going to be off-roaded, this i want to make handle.

i want to get a older hatch to build into a off-road beast. :D

I Don't drink, so it won't be me behind a wheel after drinking.

Torxx, who is being the asck? This is the second post you hijacked saying "this didn't happent to me, so go for it". What kind of advice is that?

Someone like you won't put my panties in a twist, so stop trying, you'll be better off for it in the end.

MD

exhaust looks good... i'm gettin a flowmaster put on the hatch today.. hehe should rumble a little.. will take pics when its done..

alot of things can happen when ya drive down the road.. but anything you can do to prevent a death, wreck, disaster, whatever is in everyones best interest.. ( IE bailing wire=free, exhaust hanger=a couple bucks) spend the couple bucks, really..

Originally posted by torxxx

if you know how to use bailing wire right, you dont really have to worry about it.

Every car/truck I've owned has had the exhaust bailing wired up somewhere, and I never had it break.

I drove for 4 months with the yoke wired into the back of my tranny cuz I coudlnt get a new drive shaft.. That stayed in place even out rallyin and havin my car try to pop its self into 4 wheel drive from wheel hop

metal coat hangers are the best! :D I spent well over $30 in different types of brackets to hold my veriouse exhuast systems to my car. NONE of them would stay tight! And yes I did use locktite. I even went as far as nylon lock nuts. They would come loose and my exhuast would start dragging. Still use coat hangers to this day. Good thing we dont have visual inspections anymore :D Maybe one of these days Ill have an exhuast shop weld on some hangers hehe