Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Scraping sound coming from front left wheel

Hey guys, went wheeling the other day (well more like fieldthrashing/4wd drifting:D) and was basically hydroplaning down this muddy as hell road when I got drifted right into a bank! Stupid stupid idea that was I tell ya :-\

Hit it front on, picked the car up on the two left hand wheels and basically turned it around. Now whenever I turn right my left wheel sounds like its scraping against something. Metal-on-metal kind of sound... :eek:

I jacked it up and inspected for damage, but can't see anything. I have a gut feeling that I may have done a wheel bearing, but it seems to drive fine and theres no more play or noise then normal(for a 220,000km vehicle) :D

Anyone ever done anything similar and had this happen? It's a 1989 DL wagon, EA82 Carb.

i would agree, you will get the edge of the rotor scraping along the caliper bracket. let it go long enough, you will get a rolling drag and the brake pads will wear diagonally.

i left mine go to the point of undriveability, and when i removed the bearings, the inner one had a busted race and chunks floating around