Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'87 leone wagon build up

Hi all. I am new to this forum and have just purchased an '87 leone wagon with dead EA71 and hi/lo range 4x4 for cheap. Thought I could fix motor but it has blown head gaskets, cracks in block and probably more. So I have an EA82 on the way to chuck in and get this thing mobile. Pics to come:)

Awesome man, welcome :D

Where are you from? I've only heard them called Leones in Aus and NZ...would be sweet to get another ea82 wheeling down here!

Def go for the EA82, if not EA81, getting hard to find down here now though... and D/R definitely. Good luck!

in waikari on the way to Hanmer Springs in North Canterbury aye. Got old motor out last night new one supposed to arrive today sometime (EA82). Would go ej but don't have the funds right now and really need it on the road. Plan is to get it running, road legal. big wheels and lifted to happen later on down the track

looks like the l/h gaurd has been replaced and the bumper. headlight squirters arent hooked up to anything and gaurd has bits of red sowing in places under the bonnet. car was sweet, serviced regularly then the guy drove it with a frozen radiator till it went bang. EA82 now in and running, just needs some tidying up. pics will come. only diffrences so far between motors that i have found is exhaust and engine mounts.

in waikari on the way to Hanmer Springs in North Canterbury aye. Got old motor out last night new one supposed to arrive today sometime (EA82). Would go ej but don't have the funds right now and really need it on the road. Plan is to get it running, road legal. big wheels and lifted to happen later on down the track

Another NZer! Moving to CHCH next year for Uni, will have to go wheeling sometime bro! Get the wagon sorted!:D Good luck to ya