Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oil Pan Replacement, Hard?!?

Guest EOppegaard

I went to change the oil on the car today, and all I went was :eek: I have a huge, I mean, HUGE dent in the oil pan of the car. It needs to be replaced, right now, it seems to be holding oil fine, however I am really not trusting it. Anyone know how hard it is to install a new one? I have a 1993 Legacy Wagon, Automatic tranny, FWD, 2.5L.

If it isn't that hard to replace, is it hard to find the parts for this?

All comments appreciated, thanks guys!

Oppie

Guest ShawnW

That wouldnt be a 2.5L motor, a 2.2 came in the 93 models.

It isnt too awful of a job if you are patient. Get a long large tipped phillips screwdriver and get a 1/4" socket set with a wobble joint and a short 10mm socket and go to town. Make sure you have a pretty long extension for the rt and left rear corners of the pan and dont strip out the rear center bolts.

TORQUE TO SPECS!!!! Its a very small amt of torque.

Felpro makes a gasket or you can get one at the dealer. You might be able to pound it out from the inside but i doubt it. Fix ASAP as this is could be causing oil circulation problems.

Finding used parts might be a little hard but if you try car-part.com thats usually good or try posting in the marketplace here asking if somebody has one.

Guest EOppegaard

my bad on the Engine Size!

Would the Chilton Manual I have give any type of step by step instructions for this?