Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej25 dohc to ej22 sohc swap motor or heads

ssheaven

okay im new here but need some direction of what to do. i have an 97 obw w 2.5 dohc that the cam seized in not sure y yet that is in nice shape. i also have a junk 97 lecacy car with a 2.2 sohc. i dont want to get into a lot of money so can i swap the ej25 out for the 2.2 or since the head is shot on the ej25 us the 2.2 heads on the 2.5 granted that the bottom end is okay on the 2.5. someone just did the headgasket on the 2.5 and i think they may of over touqued the cam caps. so whats the best route 2 take. both cars are autos. im not worried about hp or any of that just the simpliest and most cost effective way to make the obw roll down the road again.

Edited by ssheaven

i know its a easy swap from the dohc 2.5 to 2.2 dohc but wasnt sure about the sohc. havent found anything much on that swap. wat i have to do for wiring
all the info on here pertains to SOHC EJ22, frankly i've never seen or heard of a DOHC EJ22 - there is not such thing over here (or they are rare or turbo's or something else). it doesn't matter - like i said all the swap info on this board means "SOHC when speaking of the EJ22" and DOHC when speaking of the EJ25's you're talking about.

so like i said your question is the same as everyone elses - and all the info here points to a very simple swap with no wiring.

if you're in another country there may be some differences.