Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hill Holder Removal? '87 Brat

Hey guys. On the Brat I recently picked up, the hillholder is leaking. Not from any of the lines, but the unit itself. Anyone just remove it from the system and tee the lines together? I'd figure that would work just fine, but I wanted to see if anyone else did it. I searched around, but couldn't find anything that helped. Or does anyone have a non-leaking hillholder from a Brat they would like to sell me? :)

Just replace it with a good used HH - they are common and I'm pretty sure they didn't change the design of the valve much even through the mid 90's in the Legacy, etc.

The unit is the same with one exception.

However on the later ones (legacy, outback, imp) they only tapped an outlet to one brake(front left IIRC) whereas the old ones have lines going out to both the front left and rear right.

the unused boss is still cast into the unit, but the hole isn't drilled or tapped.

Seems as though you could "T" out of that one outlet to hook up the two lines out of the original unit.

Well, I do have a good one on my GL10 parts car. But it looks a little different. Basically where the cable attaches. I didn't get a good enough look at it to be positive. Maybe I'll check it out tonight before the snow! I don't care if it works, I just don't want it to leak :) Thanks for the advice guys!