Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Exhaust

I've searched... I've Googled... I can't find anything on 1979 Brat Exhaust parts.

I picked up a 79 Brat, runs great but the muffler is shot. And of course I bought a new muffler, after what little info I did find, but before I got the car home. I picked up a Cherry Bomb Turbo p/n16802 same dementions as the stocker and thats what I have read that others have used but my stocker sits sideways and exits out the side of the muffler and the new one exits out the end like a normal one it's a 2".... Do I mod it and run it out the side or is there a different muffler I can use that pretty much is a bolt on? Thanks

-Jake

as each year passes, original parts become increasingly hard to find. there is also not enough of a market (brats) to warrent replacement parts to be made. the result is i find myself having to make do with what i can find off other cars or modding what i need to. i restore international scouts of the early 60's and we do the same there.