Ultimate Subaru Message Board

BOSS 6 lug hub modification service

For those of you looking to run 6 lug wheels on your Subaru, and you don't want to drill the rims, here is a solution for you.

For $60 plus shipping and cores, I will drill, machine, and install new studs in your front hubs and rear drums (or rear hubs if you have rear discs).

They are drilled in a drillpress and machined on a mill for the proper clearances for the new studs.

If you are interested, just pm me and send me $60 plus shipping via paypal or postal money order, and make sure you give me your name and address. When I get the money, I will send out a set of hubs, when you get them, send me your old ones in the same box. Make sure you let me know if you have rear discs or drums, and if it's a gen 1,2, or 3. Thanks!

-Bill

Edit: EFFECTIVE APRIL 1, 2010: Due to the price of brand new wheelstuds, the cost for this service will be $75 plus $20 shipping to the lower 48 states with the return of the cores, $135 plus shipping without the cores. Get 'em while they're cheap!

-Bill

Edited by The Beast I Drive
price change

I know that some weld the new studs in to make sure they are seated properly. Do you do this or can you seat them properly yourself.

it's not done to "seat" them.it is to make sure they do not release, and come out.but, like bill said.....no reason to worry about it when it is done right....

hey billy, i think you should take a pic of your shop, so they can see what you work out of....

cheers, b

I am very interested in this. Let me finish my rear disc conversion on my '84 Brat and I will be messaging you sometime soon.

What is the 6 Lug Bolt pattern so I can start looking for some wheels

Edited by Harvester

The 6 lug pattern is 6 x 5.5", so basically any stock or custom/aftermarket wheel for Chevy Blazer/GMC Jimmy/1500 4x4 & Heavy Half trucks, Chevy LUV/Isuzu PUP, any 4wd and a lot of 2wd Nissan/Datsun pick ups, Isuzu Rodeo/Trooper/Amigo, Honda Passport, Toyota 4wd pick up, Mitsubishi Mighty Max, and some light Dodge trucks from the 80's. Im sure there are others, I cant remember them all off the top of my head, but basically any 6 lug wheel EXCEPT Dodge Dakota and Durango, those have a smaller 6 lug pattern.

ALSO, DUE TO THE PRICE OF NEW STUDS, effective April 1, 2010, the price for these will be $75 with core, $135 if you do not return a core, and $20 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I am in desperate need of EA81 and EA82 rear drums, both are interchangeable though, but I dont have any extras, and it has become increasingly hard to find them at Junkyards in my area. If anyone has any I could sure use some :)

If downtime is not an issue, one option is to send me the hubs that are on the car, and i will convert them and ship them back for the same price. Typically they will be done and re-shipped within 3 days of me recieving them.

-Bill