Ultimate Subaru Message Board

80's White Spoke Wheels

I've found two extra sets of the white spoke steel wheels that fit the 1980-89 4 lug hubs. I have no idea of how rare these wheels are. I made a quick tour of local wrecking yards and found enough to meet my needs. I left two sets still on junked subarus.

I don't know if these are difficult to find or not. IF they are in demand, I'm willing to go back and get the 8 extra wheels and sell them here for a reasonable price.

IF they are pretty common, I'll just pass on them and let someone else "find" them.

Let me know if I should go back for them.

I've found two extra sets of the white spoke steel wheels that fit the 1980-89 4 lug hubs. I have no idea of how rare these wheels are. I made a quick tour of local wrecking yards and found enough to meet my needs. I left two sets still on junked subarus.

I don't know if these are difficult to find or not. IF they are in demand, I'm willing to go back and get the 8 extra wheels and sell them here for a reasonable price.

IF they are pretty common, I'll just pass on them and let someone else "find" them.

Let me know if I should go back for them.

I would go back & get them if I were you. If you have the room to store them just hang onto them, and every so often post them in the "Subaru Stuf For Sale" section. I use those myself. I bought a 2nd set of 4 last year and had them powder coated (white) and replaced the original ones on my car, which then went to one of the forum members.

Pretty much worthless. Every Subaru nut has half a dozen of them kicking around. Maybe someday they will be rare, but right now they are only worth their value is scrap metal or how much it cost to have them powder coated, etc if they have been redone. I routinely throw them away and they keep multiplying like rabbits.

GD

Pretty much worthless. Every Subaru nut has half a dozen of them kicking around. Maybe someday they will be rare, but right now they are only worth their value is scrap metal or how much it cost to have them powder coated, etc if they have been redone. I routinely throw them away and they keep multiplying like rabbits.

GD

I'm in total agreement with GD on this one.

They are abundant as dirt.

Even though they are so abundant, you still want to check out the ones you

have, as there are Jackman brand wheels floating around.

These will probably garner you a pretty penny.

Examples of them are given here on the "Subaru of the 80's" site.

But the likelyhood of finding these is rather rare, hence the price difference.

Twitch

I had to look pretty hard to find a set here in Missoula. At least a set that would work on my Loyale. Take note that there are differences between some depending what year they came on. The 4-hole pattern may be the same but the shallower rims (early '80's pinch the front brake calipers on the EA-82 cars (or some). The "Subaru of the 80s" page has the diagram showing the clearence differences. I think there are others like myself who'd like at least one set. Cheers!