Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Next ORG RallyX--May 30th

edrach

Ken (floortom) has volunteered for Friday night at PIR and also over the weekend in Hood River and The Dalles.

Are you going Ed?

I'm staying at home for this one unless I decide to drive up for the day.

Lynn

Lynn, Having volunteered to work both days for Doo Wops and Olympus recently, I thought it would be prudent to stay home this weekend and work in the garden, garage, etc. Especially if I wish to head down to Hillsboro on the 30th; I'm considering the school again but haven't decided on that yet.

We'll see you in Hillsboro - Ken has a little work to do on the car and the weather sure isn't cooperating today.

Ken was totally whipped when he got home late Sunday night but he was loaded with pics and video which he is sorting out to see what he got.

Lynn

I'm heading for Hillsboro tomorrow (quickie business trip); I'll be in Richie's shop while I'm in the area since I need some work done on my wife's Forester. I should be headed home on Friday at the latest.

ORG put on another great event this past weekend. A great course layout with lots of speed in spots and enough technical stuff to make you think and slow down where needed. I don't know how many entrants were there, but it looked like the largest field this year and yet finished at a reasonable time with four runs where the fastest time of day was pretty close to 1:40. The instant posting of scoring is just great. I'm looking forward to the National event in June.

progress.gif

I saw an immaculate '84 GL wagon (in blue) running in SA in the afternoon. Very respectable times considering what he was running against. Look for his scores at http://www.oregonrally.com/files/RX_5_30_2010_PM.pdf ; his is the one with a DNF on his second run (he blew a tire in the middle of the run). Bad luck but he fixed it and finished the day.

I saw an immaculate '84 GL wagon (in blue) running in SA in the afternoon. Very respectable times considering what he was running against. Look for his scores at http://www.oregonrally.com/files/RX_5_30_2010_PM.pdf ; his is the one with a DNF on his second run (he blew a tire in the middle of the run). Bad luck but he fixed it and finished the day.

When I was picking the course up, I found an oil filler cap that looked oddly familiar. I stopped that guy, and sure enough, it was his. He must have been hauling rump roast to make that thing fall off:grin:

Jacob

When I was picking the course up, I found an oil filler cap that looked oddly familiar. I stopped that guy, and sure enough, it was his. He must have been hauling rump roast to make that thing fall off:grin:

Jacob

He looked extraordinately fast to me, especially for such an underpowered car running on stock tires.