Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok I was just driving home the other night when my car started to not want to go and could not figure it out. My gas was low but the light was not on so I figured that I could go another 30 miles or so. I was very wrong becuase the car was not responing well at all. Turned it off and tried to turn it back on and no luck. All the lights came on so I was hoping I just ran out of gas. I had a buddy help me pick up gas and put it in and it started right up. I was driving it home and now the AT OIL TEMP light is flashing on and off so I read the book and said I need it to be looked at by Subaru Dealer. Did this just come on because I ran out of gas or did I cause a big problem by running it out of gas? Has anyone else had problems with the gas light not coming on? I am hoping tomorrow it will not be flashing anymore but what does the light really mean? This was the first time in my life running out of gas but it will never happen again because I will not wait to see a light. Thanks for any help that you can give me. The car is a 99 OBW Limited with 76,000 Automatic. I just bought the car one month ago and hope I do not have problems with it already. Thanks Chris

I dont think its a gas problem. The tranny could have overheated (did the AT temp light come on before running out of gas?)thus not letting the car start? By the time you came back with gas it had cooled off. But definately get the tranyy looked at by the dealer.

Rob

Hello went and started the car up this today and the light was not flashing any more. I am thinking when it was running out of gas the shifting up and down real quick is what caused the light. After sitting over night it has gone away and seems to drive ok. Let me know if you think i should still bring it in. Thanks