Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front wheel drive gl's?

Well if you get a 4WD rear trailing arm and 3.9 rear diff along with a 4WD trans and trans crossmember you could always swap it to being 4WD! Easy enough really..

Ummm, you're forgetting the gas tank and the driveshaft.

And the axles.

And its also dependent if its an EA81 or EA82.

But anyway, they're very common and only wanted for their fuel economy.

Otherwise, get a 4x4 and ignore the 1-2 mpg drop.

Twitch

I had an EA81 fwd.... nice enough car (okay, it was a free rustbucket beater... but, it ran well, and you could pack alot into it). It was quite a bit peppier than the 4wd ones, but of course, not nearly as good at offroading (I still took it offroading....)

how rare are front wheel drive subbie gl wagons?:confused::confused:

really rare around here. I think the only one we know of in the past 5 years sited, McBrat just dismantled.....

so VERY rare indeed for here I came across one in the pick n pull about 3 years ago, havent seen one there since.

it is an EA82 and thanks for the input... I bought this car for 175 bucks and did a little work to it (i.e. timing belt, fuel pump, tranny, gas tank...) and now am looking to sell it... How much do you think I could get? the body is in primo shape and it runs like a champ. I drove it for a couple of months and it averages about 27mpg... But it is a beautiful car for its age...:banana: