Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well since we have one for the EA's, I think its about time to put one up for the EJ crowd.

I'll start.

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=2541

That says 10/89 and the build number is 939187 aka: the last 6 digits in the VIN

So I technically have an 89 legacy, not a 90 :-p.

I would post up an engine serial number but mine isn't the original engine, so

that would be moot.

Lets keep it going! Maybe even make it a sticky ;)

Twitch

Well since we have one for the EA's, I think its about time to put one up for the EJ crowd.

I'll start.

picture.php?albumid=255&pictureid=2541

That says 10/89 and the build number is 939187 aka: the last 6 digits in the VIN

So I technically have an 89 legacy, not a 90 :-p.

I would post up an engine serial number but mine isn't the original engine, so

that would be moot.

Lets keep it going! Maybe even make it a sticky ;)

Twitch

Title says '90 so it's a '90. It's not unusual for FUJI to start building the next model year cars in the last three months of the previous year.

Title says '90 so it's a '90. It's not unusual for FUJI to start building the next model year cars in the last three months of the previous year.

I know, many manufacturers do it.

But I was just hoping we could get a thing going like the EA's have over in the

older gen.

So we could start figuring out how the build numbers, build dates and serial numbers stack up.

Twitch

This is a good idea yet these days could be a problem. The regime is coagulating, corresponding every type of # and their type of "job creation" is to track and record all this. Computers link this up with other data. Until something changes I would be vague about precise numbers.

If just a regular person has a subscription to Alldata or other sevices they can track a vehicle between owners and locations. Couple that with Motor vehicle files and medical records and we are into a scary scenario.

We are just on the brink of this now but some disturbing letters may arrive in the mail later. It was those jobs we payed for. To monitor us.

This is a good idea yet these days could be a problem. The regime is coagulating, corresponding every type of # and their type of "job creation" is to track and record all this. Computers link this up with other data. Until something changes I would be vague about precise numbers.

If just a regular person has a subscription to Alldata or other sevices they can track a vehicle between owners and locations. Couple that with Motor vehicle files and medical records and we are into a scary scenario.

We are just on the brink of this now but some disturbing letters may arrive in the mail later. It was those jobs we payed for. To monitor us.

You do have a valid point, but if you just post up the build date and build

number, there's almost no way to track that.

Unless somebody goes through the hassle and gets the info from Fuji and

goes through and matches up the build date with the build number, I don't

really see a security issue here.

Heck, if even if they post up their engine serial number as well as all that

other info, why would anyone want to track a lowly Subaru owner?

And if somebody feels that its a security risk, as you do, they don't have to

post up anything.

Its a free world and I can't force anybody to anything against their will, well

not over the internet anyway :brow: jk

Twitch

Twitch,glad you came back. I see why you may raise a brow. There are actually three of those serial number trackers I know of. Hell I don't WHY they would but it all goes somewhere. It's triangulation and on file.

I'm just a lowly Subie driver myself. I don't think I should have any enemies but I might. This is a good thing you are trying to do and am sure it's done all over. Not trying to make you or anyone paranoid. Just that, as you indicated, a few digits are not displayed right here. They are of no use unless towards other motives.