Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I picked up my first Subaru this weekend. A 2004 Outback fully loaded with all the fun toys. So far I am loving it!!!

Anyone have an idea on how to hook an AUX line to the stereo deck for use with an iPod? I am already using an FM modulator, but there must be a better way?

post-3165-136027588949_thumb.jpg

If you have a seperate CD player you may be able to bridge onto the line out leads with the ipod output leads.

Welcome to the Soob family. May this be the first of other ones later on. My first new car was a '83 GL-10 wagon and had it for 11 years. My current model is a '01 LL Bean. The prices of the cars have sure changed since then but they a lot more car also. Happy drive'n.

Thanks!!! I have only had it for three days now and I have already put 400 miles on it. Really fun vehicle to drive!!

I am still searching for a good iPod option, I may need to replace the deck, sub, and amp to pull it off. No one makes a cable for Subaru (yet). Or at least I have not found one.

• 2 weeks later...

After trying several FM transmitters (which all suck), I broke down and bought a new head unit with an AUX in.

http://www.abtelectronics.com/scripts/site/site_product.php3?id=11661&AID=10274510&PID=1412752&setflag=1077370407&setflag=1077424142

I was able to easily hide the extra wires under the dash and run them along side of the passenger seat. It's a really clean install. Car Toys helped me with the install and they were able to hook the new unit to the OEM sub and upgraded speaker system.

The AUX line also allows me to hook up the kids DVD player to the sound system for long drives.

outback_small.jpg