Ultimate Subaru Message Board

exhaust questions

lookin for a new exhaust for my ea82 wagon looking for somehing that gives it that throaty boxer sound anyone know of anything good??

i did some searching here but couldnt exactly find what i was after any suggestions or help would be appreciated :)

Edited by mudER wagon
im a nub

You could possibly retrofit an impreza cat-back exhaust. you are stuck with the stock header, unless you can invent one, of find one of 15 twe headers made.

If you just fabricate an exhaust, lose the center and rear sections, and install a 2" cherry bomb where the resonator is, and straight pipe out to the rear. The stock y pipe is just right for this engine

88 dl cherry bomb in the middle, straight pipe to the rear. I simply cut out the center pipe to install the cherry bomb, andused the remaining length of pioe to replace the factory muffler, using factory mounts

and this one, 88 gl sedan with cherry bomb right after the y pipe, and a 2 inch 90 deg turnout to the side, with a 2.5 inch pipe after the bend to just ahead of the rear wheel

Watch this from 8:00 min to hear the car

TheLoyale's safari wagon, 92 loyale 4wd at, factory exhaust with a cherry bomb in place of muffler at original location

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l64AbFuK5-s&feature=player_detailpage

and this one, 88 gl sedan with cherry bomb right after the y pipe, and a 2 inch 90 deg turnout to the side, with a 2.5 inch pipe after the bend to just ahead of the rear wheel

Watch this from 8:00 min to hear the car

i like the sound of that one thanks alot miles for the help