Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just got a 1987 subaru gl

How so ?

you will find it out when u got a snow.

I've been driving on snowing with 4wd becuase i live near mountain from Oregon.

anyways, if not use on 4WD then will going pretty slip off and will for sure get going slow down because of wagon pretty light weight.:-\

what's your plan for project on ur wagon? :)

Hello every one, Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a odd question, the gl doesn't have cup holders. Is there anything I can do about this ?

I just got an 86 GL wagon myself, and no joke, the cup holders was one of the first things I noticed on the ride home. I'll have to get on that soon!

Ok well I found out that is has a dual range tranny, I thought it had like locking hubs. My main project is the cup holders.

IMAG0158.jpg

you should do some researching on your trans, since it is not at all what you think it would be, with no transfer case or center diff. have fun.

............................................................................................

First off..Welcome aboard and nice Soob :)

man,i miss my old 86 GL with dual range.. :( stock with all seasons,i'd go where trucks couldn't..(mainly cause they were to big) :grin:

does it have owners manual ? if so then just read up on the dual range,you'll grow to love and cherish it..

03-29-2009080043AM.jpg

this was my 86 GL (not meaning to hi jack your thread)

Edited by subie94

Subarus are always a good car to learn how to work on. Get to know this car well, as it is different than most examples of cars. Behold the wonders of 80's subarus!

ditto..

I still remember doing front brakes for first time..was a little confused when i found out the caliper piston had to be turned back in and not pushed like most cars....

btw,on the cup holder issue,just get a cheap universal one and you'll be good to go..

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Adjustable-Drink-Holder-Bell-Automotive_25984501-P_N3038_A|GRP2013____

can't recall if there's room for this type but just as example..

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Door-Mount-Drink-Holder-Bell-Automotive_25984516-P_N3038_A|GRP2013____