Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think I may have posted in the wrong area, noone seems to go to meet and greet My Bad. Ireplaced both frt cv shafts the same day and when I was done a problem arose. My AT oil pressure light stays on and flashs constently, the car will not shift into drive, i have 1st 2nd and 3rd gear but nodrive. The funny part is one of the pressuse control solenoids now runs all the time with ignition on and has never done that. I have unplugged main plug and tested for pwr going to the plug going to the trans and 2 prongs have pwr dont know if just one should have pwr or what. Also if I put the shifter to 1st gear the car will go ahead and shift to 2nd Please help :eek:

Check to make sure you did not break or disconnect any wires under the car by accident. Check engine and tranny grounds.

How did the car run before hand.

The tranny light flashing means there is an electrical fault from the last time the car operated (in your case all the time). There is a way to pull codes and I bet you have a bunch of them. Search here on how to do it

the car ran just great before this, thank u 4 ur help I have been triing to check the wiring but really havent find anything weird, and part of the problem on checking the wires that go to the solenoids is ithey seal inside the trans. I have had 1 or 2 people mention the wires but just cant find it. Like my bro said I didnt have the problem when I started the job so I obviously did something. Do u know if there are other wires to check other than the ones going directly into the trans. And thanks again for replying.:-\

I know this is an obvious one, but you didn't put the gear oil for the diff in the tranmssion right? Sounds stupid but that would fit the circumstances.

Never anything supid, just Data Points..

And yes it has been done before.

no have not put fluid in either the trans or diff both trans is full and diff a little low but wasnt going to put fluid in because of the other prob. Do you think it would be easier to drop the pan and see what wire is coming out of the solenoid and follow from there or will I be opening a can of worms that would get me in more troubles:-\