Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine and Trans Stands

The fun thing working on Justys is that everything is so small compared to other cars. I am just in the starting point of tearing down the engine and trans. The problem is that my engine stand that is rated for dealing with a Hemi is a little to big to hold such a small engine.

I was wondering if anybody has seen a factory engine workstand for the Justy? I have the part numbers for these creatures, 498455400 (attachment), and 499815500 (engine stand). This stand would be cool because is would sit on your workbench. The engine only weighs about 130 pounds fully assembled so it's not that hard to move around.

The trans stands (4wd) have part numbers are 49935500, 499295600, and 499935400. These will not be all that hard to reproduce. I am more worried about the engine stand.

Does anybody out there have any leads on these items? Any help in finding these items would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew

• 8 years later...

Take two saw horses and a 4x4 sheet of plywood or sheating, clamp the wood to the saw horses with 2 or 4 c clamps.

you now have a great assembly, sit your but on a stool and work away.

When you are finished take the table down.

I assembled a 1.6 engine this way and it beats standing for an OLD man.

Jack