Ultimate Subaru Message Board

XT6 control/radius rod questions

G'day all

I'm new to the whole XT6 differences since we didn't get them down here in Oz.

Am I correct in saying that the XT6 control/radius rods are longer than the standard L series units? If so is it about an inch/half inch?

I'm asking this as I have a lift in my L series - very moderate by your standards from what I've seen on the boards! My lift is 3 inches all round except for the radius rod/gearbox crossmember plate. This has pulled my front wheels slightly towards the firewall.

What I'm hoping to find is that the XT6 radius rods are longer and if this is the case I'm hoping that there is a member on here that would be willing to ship a set down under to me.

If anyone knows the information to the above questions please let me know - and if you have a pair that you're willing to part with I would be most keen to hear from you. Either PM me or drop a line in here.

Regards

Bennie

Are the XT6's a wider track width compared to an L series? I'm wondering that because they went to the 5 stud, did they also go to the effort of making the track width the same as the Liberty? If so how did they achieve this - something must have been longer...

And are the wheel bearings the same all round as a regular L series.

I would love to be able to check one out for myself - walk around it, look under it, take photos etc.

Cheers

Bennie

no, XT6 control arms is the same length as EA82. Track width is near enough the same (I think the wheels make it a bit wider, but I don't have the FSM handy)

I have mixed and matched radius rods with no noticeable difference, don't know where the part number difference comes from.

XT6 wheel bearings are the same as EJ ones (different seals though). Completely different than 4-lug.