Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vanity Mirror Lights, Cig Lighter, and Side View Mirror Adjuster Issues.

Hello,

So here's my issue. Whenever I try to adjust my mirrors, open the visors to get the lights to come on while using the mirror, and when trying to use the cigarette lighter plug for cell phone chargers and stuff like that....The security light flashes and those three things will not work. If anyone know why this is happening, or how to fix it, please let me know. it's starting to get really irritating. I may have not explained it well enought, if I haven't, please ask to explain it better. Anything Helps!! Thank you in advance fellow Subaru Owners:)

1. Year and model

2. Is this a factory security system, or aftermarket???

sounds almost like the security system is tied to the fuse on those items (wont swear to it, but i think those 3 items are linked in the fuse panel?)

If it is an aftermarket system that could be your problem.

it sound like the thing is wired wrong. some how the wrong feed? was used to power the unit (or the like) and when it activates? it disconnects something?.

remove the ''black box'' alarm unit and see what works and what doesn't, if anything. it has a couple of white connectors and if you can reach it should be pretty easy to do .