Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A/C Delete and Front Upper Spring Seat/Spring Questions (pics)

A/C Delete Q: I recently deleted my a/c system(compressor, condensor, oil bottle thingy, and hoses). What Should i do with the 2 hoses that come out of the passenger side firewall?

Front Upper Spring Seat/Spring Q: I am in the process of changing my front struts and strut mounts. When I removed the old strut assemblies I noticed a lot of rust on the upper spring seats and a little near the top of the coils on the springs(see pics). Where can I get new upper front spring seats/rubber spring isolators(not the rubber bumpers for the struts, i already have those)? Are these stealership only? About how much do they cost? I plan on keeping this car til it dies or kills me, so i want it done correctly the first time should I replace these seats. I am fairly sure the struts are the main cause of my 1 year old tires being bald on the inside but still good on the outside.

Pics:

post-36766-136027650259_thumb.jpg

post-36766-136027650269_thumb.jpg

post-36766-136027650276_thumb.jpg

post-36766-136027650282_thumb.jpg

post-36766-13602765029_thumb.jpg

need to align it with something other than those tires, no way you can check toe with them.

New tires followed instantly same hour by an alignment is what you need.

sure he can. the alignment rack's pads/boxes (depends how old it is) clamp on to the rim, which would take the calculation off the wheel, not tire like you would if you used strings.