Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ABS not working after working on front brakes???

I recently replaced my front brakes and front strut. I unhooked my front ABS sensors and put them back in during all this. Now my ABS light comes on when I start my 96 Outback and I no longer have ABS. I took them apart again and could see nothing wrong but still nothing. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Robert

you should go buy a lottery ticket right now, if by "unhook" you mean you got the ABS sensor bolts out without shearing off, that's nearly impossible around here.

when you say you went back in to check things did you disconnect and reseat the ABS connectors?

was there any metal debris/filings on the ABS sensor tip? make sure they're all clean, i've seen a simple cleaning of the ABS tips fix the ABS light.

getting the code will help determine which one it is.

did the sensors still have the "notched" or "stepped" end to them or were they starting to look rounded, warn, and aged?

future note - brake jobs and struts can all be done without disconnecting ABS stuff.

I have the advantage of not having any road salt used in the winter. No rust or corrosion. The sensors appeared to still have the step down ends. They were not rounded off. I haven't had the time to take it apart again will try this weekend.