Ultimate Subaru Message Board

AN alternative seat in the Brat(Pics may not be 56K friendly)

I found a decent seat to lower the seat in the Brat. Some of you know that being 6'4" isn't always the best formula for comfort in a Suabru. Now add the extra clearance needed by a helet and you have a neck compressor. I went to the local PaP and found these seats out of an Isuzu Impulse. Lowers the seat by about 3". They also have really nice bolster support and adjustable lumbar support as well. The other nice thing is the recline is chain driven. Makes for minute adjustments in positioning.

100_0001_IMG.jpg

And this one shows the brackets. The original seat rails will bolt to the seat with a very minor alteration to the rear hole on the outside rail. A slight ovalling is all I had to do. Then, all it needs is a piece of flat steel mounted to the seat and and inner rail. The hole width is off by 1 1/4". (I haven't finished the flat peice yet)

100_0003_IMG.jpg

This one shows the difference in height.

100_0002_IMG.jpg

i was at the JY the otehr day, and found a nice set of grey mazda MX6 seats, i think, they look like racing buckets, and have a whole for like a 5pt harness, i had to do a dukes of hazard to get in, but they are confertable as hell.

and for $150 for the pair, i MIGHT go taht way, or get a set of stock honda del sol seats from a buddy for free, if her gets buckets.

hey ken,yea being tall w/a brat can have its hassels. last summer i got a recaro seat at a yard sale $20 . it lined up with the stock tacks onder the seat.2 bolts lined up and i drilled 2. its a comfortable seat and it droped me at least 2", i like it. hey i know its not subaru but you could cover it w/ some thing. anyway take care and i'll see you at hood river or? todd