Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pictures of York A/C system anyone??

Here is what I have.

2050051980070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

Not the best pic, but this is what it looked like in the car.

2995029950070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

My opinion, get a Sanden type compressor and just fab some brackets. I believe there are DIY universal bracket kits out there. The mini York compressors used on these cars are not easy to find and by this point are probably shot. I know mine was and it took a while to find a replacement.

Mark

I bought a BRAND NEW mini york compressor for $20 on a wholesale parts website about 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately, it's still in the box it came in, sitting on the shelf in my garage. My brat has been in the storage since summer of 08 and hasn't even seen the light of day! :-(

Here is what I have.

2050051980070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

Not the best pic, but this is what it looked like in the car.

2995029950070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

My opinion, get a Sanden type compressor and just fab some brackets. I believe there are DIY universal bracket kits out there. The mini York compressors used on these cars are not easy to find and by this point are probably shot. I know mine was and it took a while to find a replacement.

Mark

Thanks Mark....actually there is a guy on USMB that has an entire York A/C system which I'm interested in. I just want to be sure it will fit my engine. From what I can see in the pics it looks like the one of the compressor brackets holds the alternator and the other holds it to the engine? I hope to get pictures of it soon and will compare to what you sent. Thanks!

Mine has like 6 separate brackets! The compressor bolts mainly to a bracket bolted to the head. The bracket near the center stabilizes the compressor and holds the idler for the water pump belt. The alternator bracket bolts to the side of the compressor and the adjustment arm bolts to the lower bracket. If you need, I can take close up pics when I get access to it.

Mark

Mine has like 6 separate brackets! The compressor bolts mainly to a bracket bolted to the head. The bracket near the center stabilizes the compressor and holds the idler for the water pump belt. The alternator bracket bolts to the side of the compressor and the adjustment arm bolts to the lower bracket. If you need, I can take close up pics when I get access to it.

Mark

That would be fantastic dude. I would appreciate that! Thanks Mark...