Ultimate Subaru Message Board

89 loyal all wheeldrive turbo wagen

OK my name is jim I live in south east Idaho,I have always wanted to build a lifted loyal wagen with a 2.2 ej in it. well I found one that has been started but not finished, it was a turbo but that moter went bad so the po started the swap but never finished,it was a auto trany but now has a 5 speed, all the origenal wiring is still in the car,and I have I think all the ecu and hornis to finish this swap.I will put pithures up and ask lots of questions befor this is dun.right now I am a happy camper, I hope I did not bite off to mutch with this project.

I dont know a lot about this car, but it was a turbo auto with 4 wheel disc brakes. the po told me he put a 92 thru 94 legacy 5 speed in. So if I under stand right with the 4.1 rear dif and the lego 5 speed that should work.

Ok so to day I jacked up the car and looked things over, It kooks like I will have to build a rear trans crosmember and a drive line, then mount the rad, and fans, then it is on to the wireing. not looking forword to that.

009.jpg

Did you make it tie into the forward crossmember? I'm thinking if not, that mount is going to rock up and down with accel/deccel force.

I would definately tie it to the front crossmember too, like the factory EJ trans mounts.

ya I have I have spent some time crawling around under a legacy to day and I think you mite be right about tying it to the frunt mount some how. ben working on little things to day like power stering lines and exost. still not ready for electrical.