Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've read in random threads the frankenmotor can produce 180 to 190 all the threads on it have been complete rebuilds but what needs to be done to produce these numbers. and what will you get out of a "stock" frankenmotor. also what 2.2 heads are recommended.

I apologize if there is already a thread on this, if so please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

there is alot of info, especially on "the" frankenmotor thread on nasioc.

what one can get out of a "stock" frankie, is maybe 175chp. That is NOT AWHP

The stock 2.5 makes about 165, and is peaky. With the EJ22 heads, it loses it peakyness and gains a bump in compression.

Cometic gaskets makes a great set of conversion gaskets for this build. they have the bore size of the 2.5 with the coolant ports of the 2.2. and they are the correct thickness at .040 in. too thin and the pistons will hit the heads on an EJ25D. The pistons clear the deck sometimes called "peeping tom" pistons.

the EJ25d makes decent power in stock form but really doesn't come around until 3500+ RPM, the 2.2 heads keep the bottom end torque band up and don't really choke out in the top end. It is a great street driven motor, but I would run at LEAST 89 octane gas in it. My roommate runs 93 octane in his.