Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new guy lifted 95 legacy wagon

95monsterwagon

hey everyone. new dude here, these are some pics of my 95 legacy. just got done puttin on the outback and foz springs/struts. next item- bigger rims and tires. anyway heres my light duty off roader. soon to be kick-@$$ off roader

http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p538/95monsterwagon

Edited by Turbone
link didnt work

Welcome to the board! I heard Keaton gave you a hand with the strut install, right on. I swapped Outback struts with Forester springs into my '95 Outback, best upgrade I did, Handled like a Sports car with the hard compound tires I was running.

How long have you had your Legacy? I think I've seen in going down 94 about a year ago.

Are you gonna make it to the Subaru show at Subaru City on 27th/Layton in Greenfield? Should be a good time, I'll have the Safariwagon there, MilesFox should have my old Outback there, and Scott should have his '92 Loyale there as well!

-Tom

I should also mention, the largest tire you will be able to run on the Legacy will be a 26.6" Overall with a 9" Section Width. I ran 225/60/16 Potenzas on Outback Alloys, and I had about 1/4" of space between the strut body and Sidewall, and about 7/8" from the top of the tire to the bottom of the spring perch.

thanks for the welcome, ive had her just about 6 yrs to the day. so are you saying that at stock height, or with the lift (and soon to be 1/2" spacers) i can only fit a 26.6"? i fully intend to use some fine dremel and BFH work to the fenders as well. id like to get close to keatons tire size,( not sure what he has exactly) his tires are f***in sick. also whats this about a meet?? tell me more details please, id love to go. -sincerely, tom #2 (j.k) but my name is tom too, seriously, let me know more.

6yrs! Right on, Thats how long I've had my Loyale. With the Lift, 26.6" is pretty large, you can indeed fit a bit taller tire in there, as there is enough space from the tire to the spring perch, where as with the stock struts, the spring perch is lower, and will limit you to a just under 26" tire.

So you can totally go a little bigger then 26.6", but the width is the thing you have to watch, other wise you will rub on the strut body. Unless you run some type of wheel spacer, but then you are putting more stress on the wheel bearings, and no good comes from that.

As for the Meet, it is at Subaru City in Greenfield (27th and Layton) it will be from 10am-2pm this Saturday. Gonna have trophies, food, DJ, Monster truck action and such. Its a good time for all :) Plus then I can unload all my Subaru knowledge on yo rump roast Lol!

Funny your name is Tom as well, 2 Toms don't make a right? :cool:

PS, with your currant lift, you won't really need to trim the fenders, these cars have a large enough wheel well, that it'll clear pretty well even at full lock and compression. Adding the 1/2" spacers should be fun, I had to stand on my knuckles to get the Outback struts with Forester springs in there, Another 1/2" would have been insane lol.

But, if you start to unbolt your crossmembers to lower then a little, it will allow for more drop and will be easier to install the spacers. Then just tighten the crossmembers back up when you're done.

Edited by TheLoyale

$h1t, this weekend? man i wouldve frickin loved to go but with work being so slow right now, believe it or not, driving there would really hurt my pocket. i thought u meant THE 27th as in nxt week. that really sucks, i would love to meet a few peoples and check out some subie-trucks. man i like your legacy, ive definetly seen pics, and i think that white one is lifted with byb lift kit ( banner on the front w.s.) damn what i wouldnt do for a setup like that white one. id almost prefer to keep my 14" rims and just get something with an awesome huge sidewall. any idea what tires or tire size specifically i should look into? also, please do keep me informed on other events and meets and such. i would love to go, im totally seriously bummed that i cant make it this weekend. and do you by chance know if don miller subaru in madison still does the subaru meets?

Don Miller indeed still does Subaru meets. They just did the 6th annual show on June 10th, was pretty cool and sh*t.

I heard ya on money this month, I only have $130 until the 6th Boo! I will keep ya up to date about meets and shows, after Subaru city's show, it'll be down to the Impreza/NASIOC guys for meets. There might still be another Subaru show up in Sheboygan or something, I'll check it out.

If anything, maybe we can get a little meet going one of these weekends, Keaton, you, maybe the dude from Lake Geneva, and I'll even swing out for some shiz and gigs, talk Subarus and what not.

As for tires, There isn't a whole lot for Off-road tires in 14" (Unless you want to through on some ATV tires for trails) 27" Maxxis Bighorns are pretty knobby, which is what I'm running on my Loyale, but they don't wear the best on the high-way, they seem a little softer compound then my BFG KM2 Mud-Terrains on the Landcruiser. Be about $700ish for 4 Maxxis Bighorns.

If you are looking for some cheap 15" steelies, look at any local pickN pull. Any wheel with a 5x100 bolt pattern will work on your car, Auto Al's in franklin has a good supply of steel wheels, and Alloys if you want. They have a few Subarus there now and then, they usually have a steady supply of '90-'99 Legacy/Impreza/Outbacks.

If you want to class up your interior, I have a set of the wood grain bezels for the window switches and center console trim fyi.

Matt, 30" tire under the Impreza! That is pushing it, with out hacking the hell out of the wheel wells/fenders. The front might not be as hard to trim accordingly, but the rear is gonna be a biotch with the rear doors getting in the way. Stress on the axles and tierods is gonna off the chart.

MickBrat had to trim the hell out of his body with 31s iirc, and he was running solid yota axles and a Nissan T-case.

I would totally dig to see an Impreza with 30" tires, even a Legacy would do! :popcorn:

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

hey, yeah ihavent been on here in a long time. anyway the legacy is turnin out pretty decent, finally got the 15" forester steelies and some 28" tires, also i did the bottom half of the car in bedliner. i actually got 3rd place legacy at the don miller meet around july. (which wasnt to unreal since there was only like 8 leggos) i was talkin to this one dude there and i didnt know until later that it was thee- miles fox. anyway i still havnt figured out how to post pics but if you check out the madison don miller subaru meet facebuck page theres an arseload of pictures ( theres a couple of mine, but all are worth checkin out). -tom