Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pick n Pull pricing: rear suspension tube..

Could I Ask if you Meant the "U" Joint?

No. The big rump roast tube in the back that the control arms, trailing arms and dif attach to.

I really don't know what its called?! Rear crossmember maybe?

No. The big rump roast tube in the back that the control arms, trailing arms and dif attach to.

I really don't know what its called?! Rear crossmember maybe?

Without knowing what kind of car you are talking about, it sounds like you are describing a torsion bar. Our picknpulls charge $19 for one.

The ea82 one is quite a bit lighter. Unlike the ea81, it doesn't have torsion bars inside.

It probably weighs 30lbs. I don't remember it being heavy enough to piss me off.

But yes, when you have the trailing arms, brakes, etc all attached to it. It's a heavy little sob.

Lol indeed. I didn't think about the added torsion bs.

Scott, after I took down and cleaned up my EA81 tube assy. I was thinking, "How the f******* did Scott do this him self on the Loyale!?" Haha.

Pretty bad when the EA81 tube is laying on your head, and you can't move it. Then you start laughing, and ur Mom has to come pull it off you. I felt like a sissy man :-p

Scott, I went to the JY today as you know. I would see about getting that tube pretty soon. They are starting to clear out sections of cars. Pretty soon that '83 Hatch will be gone. Boo!

yeah, i wanna go out there this week, thursday or friday probably. unless i can get out tuesday afternoon maybe we can go out there and convince them just to flip the ************er over on its top if they are gonna crush it ;) that'd make it easier haha.

yeah, the ea82 wasnt as bad as its hollow. although, the floor jack works well for holding the rear dif up untill you get it all disconnected, then lower it down and drag it out. if i recall thats how i did it.

maybe i can score some 92 accord rear calipers per jeszeks swap.. have front and rear ebrake!

Edited by xbeerd

yeah, i wanna go out there this week, thursday or friday probably. unless i can get out tuesday afternoon.

yeah, the ea82 wasnt as bad as its hollow. although, the floor jack works well for holding the rear dif up untill you get it all disconnected, then lower it down and drag it out. if i recall thats how i did it.

maybe i can score some 92 accord rear calipers per jeszeks swap.. have front and rear ebrake!

If you're lucky your axles aren't stuck on all ends. If your car is like mine, the axles are rusted stuck to all splines. You have to drop the tube, diff, axles, brakes, and trailing arms as one piece. It's HEAVY doing that. And I only had a scissor jack at the time. It sucks a lot, but it's possible.

Huh, you can used Accord rear calipers too eh. Tricky part is finding on of those early 90s Accords with rear disc, most I've seen are drumb (Dumb)

:brow:

btw, there are a ************ ton of double edge razer blades under the rear seat if you need one. I used one today LMAO.

If you're lucky your axles aren't stuck on all ends. If your car is like mine, the axles are rusted stuck to all splines. You have to drop the tube, diff, axles, brakes, and trailing arms as one piece. It's HEAVY doing that. And I only had a scissor jack at the time. It sucks a lot, but it's possible.

Mine are like that on both the Loyale and GL. I just took apart the DOJs to get the diff out, then I dropped the tube assembly (brakes and all)

You can also undo both Castle nuts, and pitch the diff side to side (Once unbolted and lowered) to slide the CVJs out of the bearings/trailing arms.

Here is my Writeup about that:

~► http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134321

Cool Idea, but you must Keep the Subaru Lever for the Front Brakes and install Next to it, the Honda Lever for the Rear Brakes... and No Center Console.

Kind Regards.

what does a pick n pull 'store' charge for the rear suspension tube? i couldnt find anything like it on their price list and they are closed. wondering if its worth grabbing the whole thing.

Just curious, why do you want the whole thing? Did you high-center and smash it?

Ah gotcha. Grew up on the coast in California, so I know how it goes. But ever since I moved back to Montana, it's nearly a forgotten memory. Thankfully, they don't salt the roads here, so my only rust is the cancer in my fenders, nothing important.

So you're assuming that the part at the junkyard is less rusted out than yours. Is your so far gone that you can't just have the bad parts cleaned and welded over?