Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To use High Volume Oil Pump or not?

I am going to be resealing my engine in a few weeks and wanted to ask this question before I bought a new oil pump. The original post about these high volume oil pumps is here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6294&highlight=high+volume+oil+pump

I heard that a high volume oil pump is only needed if you are using larger clearances at the bearings, otherwise it robs power. So should I use a HV Oil Pump or should I stick with OEM?

Also, after watching "Horsepower TV," I think what we really want is a High Pressure Oil Pump. So if anyone knows where to get a High Pressure Oil Pump then please let me know.

the high pressure or volume oil pump will do nothing on a stock or mildly built engine, it will rob power, the high volume is only necessary if you are not getting the pressure that you need, which would be from bigger clearances or running the engine at a higher RPM, stick with a subaru OEM and you will be fine