Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weber adapter plate?

carbs unlimited will probably have the official redline adapter and they are right down the hill from you. I'm running this on my '86 ea82 and wasn't too happy with it. Lots of trips to town to get the right hardware to make it work. It fits the manifold poorly as well. Barely covers the coolant hole. If I had it to do again I might try something like THIS or even better would be to make the adapter that fits the carb and then Tig weld it to the manifold. Good luck.

Qman pointed me to the right adaptor. He also mentioned the coolant issue. If it is a big issue I have some 1/8" T-6 aluminum I can make a base plate to seal it off.

He has done a few conversions and is familliar with what needs to be done to get it running.

Thanks for the reply. :banana:

Its not a passage, the coolant conducts the heat . Emissions thing, you know. It would be nice to keep it functional, being webers are known for icing in certian conditions.

Yes, JB Weld is a good friend of mine also.

ya, jb weld didnt work for me, since i tried that, and it just broke up, and disappeared after 20k miles =]. then is started acting like a head gasket. i just put a cap on that hose, and filled the tube with silicone,. mine sucked alot too, barely fit, wrong hardware, holes twice the size of the bolts that had to be used.

and its two pieces, thats 3 gaskets, and 6 gasket surfaces, instead of the stock 1 and 2.

i ended up making one out of one piece of 3/4 inch aluminum, on a brigeport, but have yet to use it.

wish i had as good a luck with jb weld as everybody else