Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone used or heard of Apple Automotive Services?

I'm looking into replacing/rebuilding the engine in my 2.5L Outback and came across Apple Automotive Services in Vancouver, WA on craigslist. http://www.appleautomotiveservice.com

It's one guy and a garage, but he seems to have alot of experience and offers $2-2.5k for a rebuild which is thousands less than i've been quoted around the Portland area.

Has anybody used the shop before? or heard anything either way about it?

I can beat that price by a lot. What year Outback do you have? I have a shop in Portland.

Give me a call - Superior Soobie and Import: 503-880-4084

Rick

Then you know Dan over across the street at U.S. Tire. He mentioned that a Subaru shop opened up next door when I was down last.

I'm looking into replacing/rebuilding the engine in my 2.5L Outback and came across Apple Automotive Services in Vancouver, WA on craigslist. http://www.appleautomotiveservice.com

It's one guy and a garage, but he seems to have alot of experience and offers $2-2.5k for a rebuild which is thousands less than i've been quoted around the Portland area.

Has anybody used the shop before? or heard anything either way about it?

David is my mechanic. Very good guy, honest and will give written warranty for his work, and will stand by it. He is building my race frankenmotor now, and he is good at working within your budget to get you where you need to be. He's been an ASE tech for three decades.

Feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.