Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea71 with turbo and harley davidson mikuni carb

and how are you retarding the timing under boost? just no vacuum advance?

as i look at this it would be easy to fab and in turn an easy way to overcome the horrible head design and improve the power of an ea71 making it easier to drive if i were to do it i would fab the exhaust inlet from the flange at the y pipe run the turbo under the area where the spare tire sits making a bracket to the bell housing for support run the charge pipe to the stock intake and use a datsun z car su carb (46 mm bore) routing the intake tube, carb to take air from infront of the master cyl

Edited by bonvo

i see issues with that second set up number one the weber isnt enclosed so turn the boost up to high and you blow all the innards out of it number 2 the weber air filter assemblies are weak flimsy sheet metal again not stong enough to handle the boost

Edited by bonvo

i see issues with that second set up number one the weber isnt enclosed so turn the boost up to high and you blow all the innards out of it number 2 the weber air filter assemblies are weak flimsy sheet metal again not stong enough to handle the boost

He drove that from Oregon to northern Wa for WCSS14, didnt have too many issues if I recall.

Wondering how that intercooler gets any airflow there?

Theres a hood scoop duh.

7835980958_a21f34c714_b.jpg

044.jpg

• 3 months later...

He drove that from Oregon to northern Wa for WCSS14, didnt have too many issues if I recall.

not saying it wouldnt work just cant really ramp up the boost to high but then again you wouldnt need much to wake these things up 

god that car is hideous why i saw it in bare metal if the metal work had been done right and straightened the car out so it didnt look like i was beaten with a sledge hammer it would be cool 

not saying it wouldnt work just cant really ramp up the boost to high but then again you wouldnt need much to wake these things up 

god that car is hideous why i saw it in bare metal if the metal work had been done right and straightened the car out so it didnt look like i was beaten with a sledge hammer it would be cool 

it makes 7 lbs which trust me is more than enough lol no boost leaks at least not the last time i saw the car (2 weeks ago) and hopefully ill be doing the body work this year. the concept was amazing just didnt have the time to put in the body last year. also the intercooler does work its just not super efficient. and how much boost do you really want? this thing walks away from my stock leggy on 7 pounds and its been running over a year reliable and quick seems like a win win to me

Edited by sikend667

thats about what i was expecting it to be at if it works that well i might have to make a similar set up im surprised the weber air cleaner assembly is holding up under boost ive taken them and just twisted them in my hands 

why would i want more? simple my friend more boost= more power lol but then again i wouldnt really want alot in my dd that i drive on ice 

thats a question for the builders i just know enough about the car to answer simple questions lol the owner is a good buddy of mine who i turn wrenches with on the weekends. im actually suprised he hasnt posted yet as i know he has seen the article(its all over his facebooks as i reposted it about a hundred times) i know hes told me but my brain isnt firing correctly today. knowing him id guess he just retarded the timing a bit as it sounds that way but ill send him a txt and find out for sure

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...