Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stolen 96 legacy. Spokane, wa

nwtech

My 1996 legacy was stolen from my driveway in east Spokane the night of Friday the 21st, possibly with a shaved key, no broken glass in driveway. It is a dark green sedan, AWD, 5 speed, with stock spoiler, non-tinted windows, sunroof, bug guard on front, dings and scratches on sides, body filler on left rear quarter panel, blown rear struts sits fairly low in rear, tiny pinhole in right rear taillight, on 1st generation legacy 14" stock mag wheels with studded tires, has a purple hornie glasspack muffler, and a black Snap-On license plate frame on back, license number Washington AGL9429, current 2012 tabs with month tabs November (11), inside was a few tools, jumper cables, personal items, Cd's, lug wrench, Sony Xplod detachable face deck about a year old, with aux and usb in, serial numbers reported to police, a 15" Kicker L7 solo baric subwoofer in ported box in trunk, a rockford fosgate BD1000 amp, a silver pioneer amp, specs unknown, power cables, RCA cables speaker wires, I guess thats about it on my car, if seen call 911 and me at 509-218-1484 my name is Andrew, thank you

The wheels in the picture are my summer ones, its on 14" stock mags with studs now

post-32559-13602766182_thumb.jpg

It seems really strange to me that used, old, subaru's are being stolen in the Seattle area....Ratty2Austin and now you. I would start looking seriously at the Craig'slist ads in that area for subaru parts and engines and guys who seem to have a continuous supply of Subie motors/transmissions for sale yet work out of their garage.

These cars are not worth a lot, but parted out and with someone actively selling parts, they definitely have value. Subie 2.2 L motors are always in demand....as well as body parts.

Just saying.

Good Luck.

Yeah thats what im worried about, that its parts now. I had a 2.2 from the junkyard in it with 135,000 on it, I just resealed it and did the heads, t-belt. water pump, intake, clutch this summer, it was strong, i put alot of work into the stereo and it cost alot over the past couple years, hell they can take the stereo, blow my motor and my tires, i have more, and another 2.2 core i can build, i would be satisfied at this point to have it trashed broke down in my yard just as long as i got it back, its been a week now. luckily my 91 Loyale is still sitting on the street, i got a long weekend, so ill do a rear end and the hubs on it to be mobile again, My mom got me new headlight lenses for the Legacy for christmas but sent em back and used the money to get the junkyard parts for the Loyale, It really came at the worst time, I'm a mechanic 6 years in the trade I get burnt out about my investment in the work and my tool expenses sometimes and with a baby boy due in April, just a setback i really didn't need. sigh....

Yeah thats what im worried about, that its parts now. I had a 2.2 from the junkyard in it with 135,000 on it, I just resealed it and did the heads, t-belt. water pump, intake, clutch this summer, it was strong, i put alot of work into the stereo and it cost alot over the past couple years, hell they can take the stereo, blow my motor and my tires, i have more, and another 2.2 core i can build, i would be satisfied at this point to have it trashed broke down in my yard just as long as i got it back, its been a week now. luckily my 91 Loyale is still sitting on the street, i got a long weekend, so ill do a rear end and the hubs on it to be mobile again, My mom got me new headlight lenses for the Legacy for christmas but sent em back and used the money to get the junkyard parts for the Loyale, It really came at the worst time, I'm a mechanic 6 years in the trade I get burnt out about my investment in the work and my tool expenses sometimes and with a baby boy due in April, just a setback i really didn't need. sigh....

Bummer man....I seen the other 1 get snagged up there too and now yours...I"m with the other guy-somebody needs parts or they heard your stereo-That"s what happens here, they hear the stereo bump an bye bye...Good luck.