Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82, T.P.I., Rear vaccum port has no vacuum

I am working on A 1989 GL wagon that has an EA82 with tuned port injection. The fuel pressure regulator has A vacuum hose that comes off of the back of the throttle body plate, IT HAS NO VACCUM ! I have taken the throttlebody off and cleaned it. While having it off, I focused on the vacuum tubes by cleaning, push wire all the way thru, and hit them with compressed air. The rear vacuum tube for the regulator still has no vacuum, and I pushed A wire thru the port and it came out on the inside bore of the throttlebody with no obstuction. What have I done wrong?:-\

Yes, I think it is ported vacuum. I used A vacuum port on the front of the throttlebody that is A timed port, and put A long peice of vacuum hose to plug it into the fuel pressure regulator. The vacuum port it is supposed to be connected to, (the one in question) would not produce any vacuum from idle all the way to redline. I tested one of the ports that are directly into the intake and got a 20lb reading.:-\