Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Auto seat belts having spaz attacks 90 Lego

I have done a search already but I couldn't quite find anything that matches the problems I have been having. Lately when it is cold out side the first couple times I open my drivers side door my seat belt will act weird it will move down the rail but will start going slow and kind of jump around only on the drivers side though. After I open and close the door a couple times it will start working properly. Another thing that I have noticed is when I am driving down the road my seat belt warning light will start blinking randomly. I have tried pluging in both lap belts and shoulder belts but no matter what it will start blinking. I am thinking relays are the culprit for the sholder belt problem, I know they are behind the glove box but I am not sure how to get at them. I am not too worried about the Seat belt light so much but I thought it might be a sighn that something else might be wrong other than relays.

Any help would be appreciated especially about how to get to the seat belt relays I can't find anything about them except that they are behind the glove box somewhere

I pulled my glove box and the tray cover under the steering wheel and I still can't find that stupid diagnostic connector anywhere. But I did find a cut wire behind my glove box

F3128BDF-E2FB-4F60-B33E-2AE5CB4B3DE6-2683-000004F04E03BABD.jpg

I know the pic is blurry but the best I can do. the wire is gray two piece wire looks like speaker wire I'm not sure what it goes to but looks like a fresh break

Found it the diagnostic plug for the seat belts is under the steering wheel on the right hand side the connector looks like this

708D5AC9-9486-4F26-8AC3-86AA4C73CF92-2802-000004F886CE23CD.jpg

965439E1-50E0-4798-ABFF-16406AF52DC9-2802-000004F87FA71B3B.jpg

You have to pull the plastic cover off that is marked tray and it will be close to the radio side I hope this helps anybody looking for this plug

I'm getting a code twelve wich is the open and closed side of the drivers side switch are off. I'm not exactly sure what that is supposed to mean. I'm guessing that means my drivers side switch is probably starting to corrode and is causin the seat belts to get a bad connection, wich would cause them to do their little morning dance.

I am going to have to pull the switch and see if I can clean it and see if that fixes it.

I thought about that but the connector was clean when I pulled it apart. I have been thinking, I remember spraying pb blaster inside the door latch I think that may have been part of my problem. I know from experience that pb blaster is non conductive and if it gets into the contacts of a switch it can mess it up until it is cleaned out