Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Couple question from a new guy.

Hi all.

I just purchased a 95 Legacy LS and I have a couple questions. Hopefully someone can provide some insight!

1. Is this the right place to post for a 95, or should I use the older generation board?

2. I need to replace the drivers front axle. I did a search and found some info, but I can't find the post from edrach about the replacement that is mentioned. Found a link to it, but it didn't work. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3. I see there are a couple different engine designations, what is the correct one for mine?

Thanks for any help,

Eric

Welcome!

:clap:

You are in the right place for your MY95 Legacy LS. You should have the diehard 2.2L of which, I belive, there were some engines and transmissions built in Japan and some in America. You can research on this message board here and also find out via the serial number.

Check this site:

http://www.carcarecouncil.org/stats.shtml

it may give you more info.

How many miles on your MY95? Ours has 120K miles and still running strong.

Is it an AWD or FWD model?

The EJ22 is a swell engine...209,800 (or so) and still going strong...only things replaced on the car so far have been tires, brakes, roters, oil seals, clutch, battery, and timing belt...maybe some other basic things...but everything else works real well.

Yeah...how many miles are on it and stuff...i'd like to hear more :D

Welcome MrLegacy , you have come to right place indeed. Lots of real nice helpful people on this forum, and also very knowlegeable. I to recently got a 95 Legacy wagon , but it was a jap import to UK and is 2litre N/A AWD. The reason I went down that road was that my girlfreinds son imports Jap sports cars as his business here in Scotland, and he found me a very low milage car (only about 25,000 ) for a very good price. Like you, I have been desperately trying to find out more about it, cos my books etc are all in Japanese. I am worried about a couple of things in particular. Even though it is very low milage, things like timing belts and cv boots etc probably age with time , as well as actually driving the miles. There are lots of past threads on probably every aspect of your vehicle----------the search feature is pretty good on here. I also found the Legacy forum on NASIOC site to be a good source of information. People seem to love their cars and they seem to last for ever, with just routine maintenance.

Hope you enjoy this forum---------trouble is, it gets addictive!!!

Cheers John

Thanks for all the replies!

I have 126,000 miles, so it sounds like it's just getting broke in. It had the timing belt and water pump replaced about 15,000 miles back, so it should be good to go.

It's an awd. I've put 4 tanks of gas through it and it's averaging 24 mpg. Not too bad, I was expecting somewhat less. I bought a new grill and stereo so far. I had to get the radio replaced so I could get my Sirius installed. Try it, you'll never go back to regular radio!!

I haven't got the owners manual yet, so I'm still trying to figure out a few things. The keys are one topic I'm lost on. I have 3 keys and it appears that they all do different things (not quite). One opens the trunk, another one unlocks just the doors, and one unlocks the doors (not the trunk) and starts it.

Another question I thought of last night while driving: Is there a bulb that can be replaced to light up the buttons that indicated where the air is blowing? Not the light below the button, but the light that lights the button itself.

Thanks again guys!!

Eric