Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any rally racers want to help my daughter with a school project?

My 12-year-old daughter has a school project to interview someone who has a job that she might want to do when she grows up. She has picked rally racing (I’m sure this choice is all my fault… watching a lot of WRC and taking her for “rally” rides in gravel and snow covered parking lots). Anyway, if anyone here drives rally for a living (I bet even “part time” drivers would be fine), and would be willing to answer some questions about it (through email), please let me know.

Now every time I take her to the store I get “can we rally” and she’s very excited about the RX I just got (as am I), I took her for a ride and on the first hard pull she yelled “Ohhh, fastness, fastness”. I may have created a monster.

Thanks

Gary

P.S. Sorry for the cross post, just looking for good exposure, moderators move as necessary.

Yes Subiegal is your best bet, she loves to encourage the younger set.

Watch the meet and greet page for Rally Cross Races, there will be some in the Portland area and one or two in Seattle. For $25 you can make three or four runs around the Rally Cross track and she can ride with you and be your navigator. I think there is one coming up in May.

I run my '87 RX coupe and it's a blast, my navigator is 9 but quite capable.

Where's Thorp?