Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Solo Subie update--With Exaust Pics

Well-Its been long road & only the last couple of days have been fun--:-\

The GLF was a a fully loaded car--Power Steering--A/C--Cruise control & now it has NONE of these--Basher (the '85 GL Hatch) got a few things he never had before------

It started on Friday after work-I R&R'd the engine-A/C & Power Steering/Front crossmember out of the '82--that took about 4.5 hrs--went home--came back the next day (Sat) at 7:30am (LOTS OF COFFEE) & R&R'd the engine & manual steering/crossmember out of the hatch & then installed the power stuff & A/C in--then checked the engine & re-installed it---this took until about 5:30 or so---then installed the manual steering/crossmember, a '84 GL wagon 8 7/8" flywheel/clutch & a .5mm overbore engine I had into the GLF--it was about 8:30pm at this point--went home & crashed:dead:--Sunday I was back at O-dark 30am (more COFFEE!)--and removed all the computer controls--set-up a basis wire harness & preped for a custom exaust system--took until 1pm or so--called it a done deal for the weekend & went home--

Now the fun stuff---

Got the exaust shop to do a dual 2" system (from head back) balance-piped at the bellhousing area, to a dual in/ dual out Flowmaster with twin tips--had to add a couple of small glas packs about 2/3's back to cut the sound a bit. The 3rd pic shows down the tunnel--didn't have much room for the small 'pacs--so we staggered them--the car revs real well up to redline--power comes in at 2000/2500--

My 40MM Delorto showed up & I got a welding/machine shop to start building the intake----(Update) Manifold will be done on Monday:-\

The car performs MUCH better--& I am working on about a -20hr sleep load:grin:

First race is May 15/16 --- still have to finish the body mods---wish me luck----

Hey MorganM---

Didn't really do too much--The GLF is a 2WD, so there was lots of space--I used the stock rear three mounts--the system is one welded part from front to rear--I plan to not need to R&R the system very often & when I do, I'll drop the whole thing down & set it off to one side.