Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Most places will power bleed the brake system when they flush the entire system to remove the old brake fluid, which should be done every three years. It is much quicker than the 2 man system where one person in the car pumps the brake pedal while the other person opens and closes the bleed screw on each wheel one at a time, or the system where you leave one bleed screw open until air bubble free fluid flows from the bleed screw, close it and move onto the next wheel and so on. Most shops can't wait the time it takes to do the job any other way than power bleeding. Its quick, cost efficient and just as good as any of the other 2 methods.

just go to the motive products website and get a pump bottle with the japanese master cylinder adapter. prob about $50 for the tank and pump and another $10-15 for the adapter. works like a dream. pressurize to 10 psi and open the brake bleeders with a tube and catch-can attached. this way, you don't break loose any junk in the master cylinder by pumping it full stroke to the floor.

I'm VERY happy with Speed Bleeders. They are replacment bleeder screws for your wheel hubs. Simply unscrew your old ones out and put in the new Speed Bleeders. Then you can bleed your brakes by yourself. Crack the new bleeder free 1/8th turn and pump the pedal!

There is a one-way spring loaded check valve in each one. Makes life simple for the DIY'er :)

It was tough finding bleeders for my old drums in the rear. Prolly not an issue with newer subarus. I also made some custom ones for the rear so if you cant find a perfect replacment let me know and I'll post how to make some customized ones up!