Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 Brat Door Switch Issue

Folks,

Opening the drivers door does not turn on the dome light, but the telltale shows the door as open. Opening the passenger side door turns on the dome light (whether or not the drivers door is open), but the telltale does not indicate that the passenger door is open. Also, with the drivers door open, the drivers side telltale goes off with the passenger door open. Now when I push the passenger side door switch in (or close the passenger door) with the drivers door open, the dome light will go off, the drivers side telltale will show the drivers door as open (corroborates the first statement). I swapped the drivers side door switch with a new one last night and no change. Will swap out the passenger side switch today or tomorrow to see if this fixes it. Appreciate any leads.

Regards,

aba4430

I've had weird stuff with the dome light happen when the grounding screw was loose in the dome light, but nothing like that :) might want to check all the screws wire connections there....

have you upgraded to an ea82 dome light, or is it still stock....?

Folks,

I removed and cleaned the dome light switch contacts today. In the process I lost a spring or something from the switch lever. Is there a spring that pushes against a ball bearing to positively engage the switch to the right and left of the center position? However, looks like my driver's side door switch is responding again as opening the driver's seie door triggers the alarm again. So, in summary - both door switches are OK, but my dome light is messed up. Anyone with a spare blue or black EA82 dome light or any advise on how to fix the switch (is there a spring under the ball bearing)?

Regards,

aba4430