Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I just did a hitachi modification...

Hi board, I just finished doing the Hitachi modification. When I drove around the blocks, my car didn't feel like it is going any faster. Well my Hitachi is dying or already dead, maybe that is why even with modification, it won't accelerate faster. I was hoping the mod will help run the car better until I get the weber from cameron.

Thanks

Dan

Dan just doesn't have the calibrated butt that I do. I drove it and I could tell the difference. Up to a point you don't feel anything, but after a point, you can feel and hear the difference in power. The downside is that when you get to the secondary, the pedal sticks and you have to push past the stickiness to get to the power. Does that make sense?

If the peddle is sticking, its probably cause whatever you used to attatch the 2 levers is catching on something. When i did this mod for the 1st time, I used some type of metal that kept getting stuck. And it would make my 2nd barrel stay open. It caused the car to idle at 3000rpm, and always wanted to speed up when it was in gear.

-Brian